He would probably be an Andrew Dandy of Lostock Hall. In 1662 an Andrew Dandie had an estate in Lostock Hall.  Andrew Dandy of Lostock gent and William, his son, were out burgesses of Preston at the 1682 guild. 
The Lostock Hall Magazine takes the following information from ‘Farington, A Lancashire Cotton Mill Village, Book 5’, by Joan M. Langford: ‘The eastern edge of Cuerden Green is bounded by Old School Lane, so named because of the very old school there. Cuerden Green School was founded in 1673 with money left by Mr Andrew Dandy of Lostock Hall [its site is now occupied by St Catherine’s Hospice]. The school was further endowed by his wife Margaret and their three sons – William, Andrew and Daniel – and this is commemorated by the date stone on the outside of the building, which includes their names and Anno Domini 1690.’ This matches referenced information in Baines.